Please see downloads for previous feedback published and check out other published information about the Local Offer.
The results from this DfE comissionednational survey ranked Torbay as the 6th best Local Authority in relation to parents and young people’s satisfaction with the EHC process, and the 15th best Local Authority in relation to parents and young people’s confidence that having an EHC plan will help them meet expected outcomes.
Primary, secondary and special schools SENCos were sent a link to a survey in June 18 with the aim of driving service developments.
- The SEN Team provides an effective and prompt service which is valued by SENCos
- EHC plans contain too many outcomes, can be too ‘wordy’ and the outcomes are often not SMART
- There is too much duplication of information required for the paperwork
- EHC plans and Annual Reviews are stronger when parents and students have been involved in the process
- There is not sufficient contribution from Health and SocialCare to the RSA or Annual Review process
The survey was responded to by 23 SENCos, the results are contained within the document. To read the full feedback, please either click on the image below or on the document title in the downloadable documents section on the right hand side of this webpage.