Skip to main content

Bridget Ward (Brixham)

My home is safe, friendly, fun and caring.  I live with my fiancé and two daughters who are aged 10 and 16.  The dining room has direct access to our enclosed garden where we have a trampoline, set of swings and a lawn. During the school holidays we have varied days out and visit the Library, Cockington, Occombe Farm, Paignton Zoo, Woodlands and National Trust gardens along with other days out and activities to suit the children's interests.

Please phone me to discuss your requirements and to arrange a visit to my home.

Qualifications and training: Ofsted registered, CRB checked, Paediatric First Aid, PACEY member.

Who to contact

Contact Name
Bridget Ward
07787 548215
01803 856974

Where to go


Other Details


Table of costs
Table of costs
AmountCost Type
£15 per session
£45 per day
I offer before and after school care for Eden Park Primary school and School Holiday days


Other notes

I no longer offer funded places or care for pre-school children.

Childcare Information


Immediate vacancies
Vacancies available, contact provider for details
Date updated

Funded Places

3 & 4 year old funding
2 year old funding

Opening Times & Facilities

Opening Times
Opening Times
DayOpening TimeClosing Time
Monday 8.00 5.30
Tuesday 8.00 5.30
Wednesday 8.00 5.30
Thursday 8.00 5.30
Friday 8.00 5.30
Role play dressing up
Books & Storytelling
Quiet Area
Internet Connection
Both indoor and outdoor activities
Quiet Room
Kitchen Facilities
Open Space
Construction toys
Secure Access
Pet Cats
Pet Fish
Small world toys
Out-door Play
Outdoor Playspace
Songs, Rhymes and Music
Pet Birds
Healthy Eating
Arts & Crafts
Visit & Outings
Walks to local park etc
House based activities
Allotment Plot

School Pickups

Offers pickups
Eden Park Primary School Academy
I look after children from 8am and take them to school in the morning and collect from school in the afternoon until 5.30pm.

Ofsted Information

Ofsted URN
Link to latest ofsted inspection report 
Inspection history
Inspection History
Inspection DateInspection typeInspection Outcome
26/11/2014Inspection (Early Years Register)Good
07/03/2017Inspection (Early Years Register)Met
28/11/2022Inspection (Early Years Register)Met

Local Offer

Local Offer Age Bands
Primary (4-10 years)
Early Years (0-4 years)

SEN Information

A printable version of this form is available in the downloads section.

What special education provision is available at our setting?

I will always work with parents and other relevant professionals to meet the needs of a child in my care.

What criteria must be satisfied before children and young people can access this provision/service?

I will consider placements for any child. All children are welcome to my setting regardless of any special education needs, restricted only by the building. I will always discuss the needs of the child with the parents and how you I could meet their needs working in partnership with any other parties/agencies or undergoing further training.

How do we identify the particular special educational needs of a child or young person?

I will follow the guidance set out in the SEND Code of Practice 2001 (to be revised in 2014) and that from parents and previous settings. Once a child is with me they are continually assessed / observed. Through this and dialogue with parent(s)/carer(s), any concerns are identified from which i will with consent, initiate appropriate interventions and/or approach other specialists and agencies for support to establish how best you can support the child.

How do we consult with parents and/or children and young people about their needs?

I always invite families to come and look around my home and spend time to get to know each other. Depending on the age of the child we may set up settling in sessions. Parents will be asked to complete an ‘all about me’ form wityh their child and to always share relevant information to help their child settle well.

What is our approach to teaching children and young people with special educational needs?

I will always work alongside the parents and my Equal Opportunities and Inclusion Policy and Procedure is available to read upon visiting my home.

How can we adapt our curriculum for children and young people with special educational needs?

I adapt activities for the different ages and abilities of children in my care to allow for any child to participate.

How will we ensure we get the services, provision and equipment that children and young people need?

I can call on the support of Torbay’s Early Years Advisory Teacher and other professionals throughout Torbay for expert guidance and specialist equipment. However there may be times when I may not always have the resources and facilities to meet the specific needs of an individual child. Where this occurs, although I will make every reasonable effort to do so, there may be occasions when it is not possible and I cannot fully meet the child’s needs.

How is this provision funded?

As an Ofsted Registered Childminder and I am self-employed, running my own childcare business.

What additional learning support is available for children and young people with special educational needs and how do they access it?

If additional learning support was needed I would look for support from other professionals such as;

  • Speech & Language Specialists
  • Health Visitors & Social Workers
  • Action for Children
  • Support Groups for families
  • Early Years Advisory Support
  • Portage

and I will signpost, encourage and support parents to engage with these

How do we support and improve the emotional and social development of children and young people with special educational needs?

As an inclusive practitioner I believe that:

  • Every child needs to feel that they belong, that they matter, and that they are valued for their unique qualities.
  • Working in partnership with parents is very important and parental contributions are always welcomed and valued.

How do we support children and young people with special educational needs moving between phases of education and preparing for adulthood?

Any transition for a child whether it is, starting at Pre-school, moving setting or starting Primary School can be difficult. I will work in partnership with parents and future staff to promote a smooth transition. I can help with visits to the new school or setting, arrange for future teachers to visit the child in my setting and liaise with the school or setting to promote a consistent approach.

What other support is available for children and young people with special educational needs and how can they access it?

I will encourage and support parents to engage with other support by;

  • Providing leaflets
  • Promoting Events and Services
  • Recommending the Torbay Directory for ideas on available support and services.

What extra-curricular activities are available for children and young people with special educational needs?

I offer a home from home environment, and involve all children in all activities, wherever possible.

How do we assess and review progress towards agreed outcomes, and how are parents, children and young people involved in this process?

I share updates daily with parents verbally at drop-of/pick-up and also share photos when appropriate.

How do we assess the effectiveness of our special needs provision and how are parents, children and young people involved in this assessment?

I involve parents and children in gathering feedback by asking for it and use this information to improve and alter my service. I keep up to date with changes and new developments via my PACEY membership, OFSTED website, Torbay Early Years and loacal team of childminders.

How do we ensure that teaching staff and other staff have the expertise needed to support children and young people with special educational needs?

If extra training is required for a child coming into my setting, I will work with the parents to attain the relevant training and qualifications to meet the needs of their child.

How do we keep parents informed where children and young people have special educational provision but do not have an Education Health and Care Plan?

I will keep parents informed about their child’s progress verbally at hometime.

How can parents, children and young people make a complaint about our provision?

If a parent is not happy about something in my setting, they can speak with me or write in my ‘Compliments and Complaints’ book. I work very closely, openly and honestly with Parents and encourage them to do the same with me. And I always follow my Complaints Policy and Procedure. If there is a more serious complaint that cannot be resolved, parents can see my Ofsted Parent poster with Ofsted’s telephone number.

How can parents, children and young people get more information about the setting?

Parents can call to speak with me, view my information on the Family Information Service (FIS) website and visit my setting at a mutually suitable time.