Torbay Youth Trust (incl Torbay Youth Service and Young Carers)
Children and young people – will always be put first. We admire your creativity, capacity to create change and your unique contribution to the world
Our work is all about building supportive relationships of trust with children, young people and families in Torbay. We’d love you to join our friendly, welcoming Youth Trust community
Torbay Youth Trust is dedicated to promoting and supporting the well-being of children and young people in Torbay, in particular those who need our help most. Our skilled and experienced youth practitioners work alongside children, young people and families within their communities, helping to explore strengths, unpick challenges and discover ways to lead fulfilling lives. We are here to enable children and young people to develop their voice, influence and place in society and to reach their full potential.
Young carers are children and young people under 18 years old, who look after a member of the family who is sick, disabled, has mental health problems or has a drugs or alcohol problem.
The young carer may be may the sole carer or be supporting another family member in care tasks. At the same time the impact of these caring responsibilities may cause difficulties at home, in school or college, or elsewhere.
Young carers may be involved in:
- Practical care - Cooking, Cleaning, Shopping.
- Personal care - Washing, dressing or toileting.
- Family responsibilities - Managing money and household budgets, Completing forms and/or household responsibilities.
- Medical care - Reminding the cared for to take medication, administering medication, giving injections etc.
- Emotional care - Listening and/or talking to the cared for person about their feelings, concerns and difficulties.
- Care of younger siblings - Helping to look after a sibling because their parent/s are unable to, or need assistance at times.
Torbay Young Carers' Service offers support, information and advice for young carers and their families.
Link to more information
Who to contact
- 01803 895299
Where to go
Torbay Business Centre,
- TQ1 4BD