Skip to main content

Stacey Janine Adams (Paignton)

Stacey's child minding is a home based child minding service; situated in a quiet cul-de-sac in Paignton close to parks, the beach, town centre, attractions, schools and bus routes.

I accept universal 2 year old funding and universal/extended 3/4 year old funding. I am also registered  for the tax free childcare scheme. 

Price includes outings. Activities include messy and creative play, story time, singing, dancing and many more to encourage learning and development. Outings include trips to the beach, zoo, park, woods, museums, soft play and other outdoor environments and indoor attractions.  It is an all inclusive environment where all children can play, explore, learn, develop, have fun and achieve their full potential.

Training and qualifications: Ofsted registered, access to childminding course (local authority approved course). Paediatric first aid certificate. Plus part of Bristol Standards Quality Assurance Scheme.

Who to contact

Contact Name
Stacey Adams
Contact Position
01803 459117
07739 385438

Where to go

Stacey's Childminding

Other Details


Table of costs
Table of costs
AmountCost Type
£4.00 per hour
£4.00 per hour per child. All funding accepted.Tax free childcare accepted.

Childcare Information


Immediate vacancies
Please contact for vacancy information.

Funded Places

3 & 4 year old funding
2 year old funding

Opening Times & Facilities

Opening Times
Opening Times
DayOpening TimeClosing Time
Monday 07.00 19.00
Tuesday 07.00 19.00
Wednesday 07.00 19.00
Thursday 07.00 19.00
Friday 07.00 19.00
Role play dressing up
Sandpitsand play
Messy Play Area
Books & Storytelling
Both indoor and outdoor activities
Construction toys
Sensory Play
Nappy changing facility
Pet Cats
Pet Fish
Small world toys
Out-door Play
Outdoor Playspace
Songs, Rhymes and Music
Arts & Crafts
Heuristic play
Baby Facilities
Baby toys
Walks to local park etc
Water play
Treasure baskets

School Pickups

Offers pickups
Curledge Street Primary & Nursery School

Ofsted Information

Ofsted URN
Link to latest ofsted inspection report 
Inspection history
Inspection History
Inspection DateInspection typeInspection Outcome
08/10/2012Inspection (Early Years Register)Good
10/10/2016Inspection (Early Years Register)Good
27/06/2022Inspection (Early Years Register)Good

Local Offer

Contact Name
Stacey Adams
Contact Telephone
Contact Email
Local Offer Age Bands
Primary (4-10 years)
Early Years (0-4 years)

SEN Information

A printable version of this form is available in the downloads section.

What special education provision is available at our setting?

As part of the Enhanced Package, I have access to help and support with regards to special educational need. Such as; seeking specialist training, advice and up to date information.

  • I have attended basic THRIVE training and attend SEN forums to keep me informed and updated.

What criteria must be satisfied before children and young people can access this provision/service?

  • I follow the guidance as laid out in the Equalities Act 2010 and take reasonable steps to provide an all inclusive environment.
  • I discuss with parents/carers the needs of each individual child and seek ways to meet their needs by working in partnership with other parties/agencies. Such as; accessing training and/or resources to make every reasonable effort to enable all children to access my provision.

How do we identify the particular special educational needs of a child or young person?

  • I follow the guidance set out in the SEND Code of Practice 2014.
  • I gather information about a child from parents, carers, other settings etc, to accurately assess an individual child's needs and requirements.
  • Through continuous observation, assessment and planning, your child's progress is recorded and their developing wants, needs and requirements can be met. Through this and continuous dialogue with parents/carers, any concerns can be identified. With parental consent, specialist help can be sought to provide advice and information on how best to support your child.

How do we consult with parents and/or children and young people about their needs?

  • Families are invited to look around the setting after initial contact has been made.
  • I offer 'settling in' sessions in order to settle a child and their family into the setting; get them used to their new environment, routines, other children, boundaries, etc. The frequency and number of these sessions depends on each individual child/family and how they adjust to the change.
  • Each child completes an 'All About Me' form - informing me of your child's individual wants, needs, likes/dislikes, fears, things that comfort them, stage of development etc. I also keep a record of specific medical needs such as; allergies, medicine they need to take, illnesses they've had I the past etc. This enables me to plan a suitable environment and take appropriate measures to support your child.
  • With parental consent, I discuss your child's needs and share information with other professionals involved in your child's care.
  • I continually share information with parents/carers vis daily diaries, daily verbal exchanges, learning diaries and the 'My Learning and Development' booklet, to keep you updated about your child's progress and discuss any concerns they you or me may have about your child's care.
  • I regularly involve children in their own care and seek their opinions as to what they like/dislike and enjoy about the setting and whether they are happy here. I establish and maintain an open, trusting relationship with children so that they feel they can come to me with any concerns and ideas

What is our approach to teaching children and young people with special educational needs?

  • I have an Equal Opportunities policy and procedure in place that explains how I include all children in the activities and ensure they have full access to the environment and the resources on offer, regardless of any special educational needs.
  • Appropriate resources are provided to ensure an all-inclusive provision.
  • I work with other professionals and follow their advice in creating Individual Learning Plans (ILDP) for children with additional needs.

How can we adapt our curriculum for children and young people with special educational needs?

  • Appropriate equipment is provided to enable any child to participate in activities and access resources regardless of any special educational needs.
  • I follow each child's individual ILDP and adapt the EYFS curriculum accordingly.

How will we ensure we get the services, provision and equipment that children and young people need?

  • I have links to other professionals throughout Torbay who I can contact to provide support, advice, information, expert guidance and specialist equipment. Such as and Torbay's Early Years Advisory Teacher.
  • There may however be times when I may not always have the resources and facilities to meet the specific needs of an individual child. Where this occurs, although I make every reasonable effort to do so, there may be occasions when it is not possible and I cannot meet you child's needs.

How is this provision funded?

  • As an Ofsted registered childminder, I am self-employed and running my own childcare business.
  • I am registered to accept National Education Grant (NEG) Funding for 2-5 year olds, which is paid for via the Local Authority and entitles parents to 15 hours funded childcare a week.
  • If it identified that extra support is required beyond what I can provide as part of my normal ratios, I can apply to the Local Authority for additional funding. For example, if your child needs 1:1 support.

What additional learning support is available for children and young people with special educational needs and how do they access it?

If additional support is needed, I will look for support from other professionals such as:

  • Speech and Language Specialists
  • Health Visitors and Social Workers
  • Action for Children
  • Support groups for families
  • Early Years Advisory Support
  • Portage

I signpost, encourage and support parents/carers to engage with these services.

How do we support and improve the emotional and social development of children and young people with special educational needs?

  • How can we help you learn about your feelings and relationships?
  • I regularly attend training to provide me with up to date information and guidance about how to support and improve the emotional and social development of children and young people with special needs. I implement any relevant training into my practice.
  • As an all-inclusive practioner, I believe that:
  • Every child needs to feel that they belong, that they matter and that they are valued for their unique qualities.
  • Working in partnership with parents is important and parental contributions are welcomed and valued.
  • I have a positive approach to behaviour management that reinforces positive discipline as a way of discouraging negative behaviour. This is implemented through my Behaviour Management Policy and Procedure

How do we support children and young people with special educational needs moving between phases of education and preparing for adulthood?

  • I work in partnership with others to promote smooth transitions. For example;
  • Providing details on ILDPs and links to other stakeholders and agencies
  • Facilitating visits to the new school/setting supported by familiar staff
  • Liaising with SENCos from the school/setting for a consistent approach
  • Enabling future teachers to visit the child in my setting
  • I recognise the importance of helping parents/carers through any process of change and provide any help and advice that I can - liasing between agencies and providing comfort and support
  • Transition documents, learning diaries, 'My Learning and Development' booklet and other relevant information, is transferred between settings and given to the relevant people to help prepare all parties for change. These documents contain information such as; special equipment needed, things that comfort, things that worry, stage of development, behaviour management strategies etc.

What other support is available for children and young people with special educational needs and how can they access it?

I signpost, encourage and support parents/carers to engage with other support by;

  • Providing leaflets
  • Promoting events and services
  • Recommending the Torbay Directory for ideas on available support and services

What extra-curricular activities are available for children and young people with special educational needs?

We take regular trips out and about to places such as; the zoo, soft play areas, parks, the beach, woods, farms, museums etc.

How do we assess and review progress towards agreed outcomes, and how are parents, children and young people involved in this process?

  • Progress is reviewed and assessed through daily activity diaries, verbal discussions with parents and the sharing of learning diaries and the 'My Learning and Development' booklet termly.
  • Individual Learning Plans (ILDP) are reviewed termly. Parents/carers, specialist/support agencies and Early Years Advisors are involved in this process.
  • Parents/carers and children are encouraged to give their opinions and share ideas about learning and development and the setting.

How do we assess the effectiveness of our special needs provision and how are parents, children and young people involved in this assessment?

  • I reflect upon the quality of my practice by undertaking the Bristol Standard. This enables me to continually assess my provision as to it's strengths and weaknesses.
  • Attending regular training and being part of the enhanced package allow me to keep up to date with changes, research and new developments
  • Parents, carers and children are invited to offer feedback through daily activity diaries, learning diaries and verbal exchanges. I then use these ideas and views to shape my provision.

How do we ensure that teaching staff and other staff have the expertise needed to support children and young people with special educational needs?

Continual assessment of my practise allows me to reflect upon the skills that I have and highlights and training needs that I have, in order to support children and young people with special educational needs.

How do we keep parents informed where children and young people have special educational provision but do not have an Education Health and Care Plan?

  • Parents/carers are kept informed about their child's progress through daily activity diaries, daily verbal exchanges and the sharing of learning diaries and the 'My Learning and Development' booklet.
  • Any concerns are raised immediately with parents/carers

How can parents, children and young people make a complaint about our provision?

  • Parents are encouraged to discuss any concerns with me so that any issues can be resolved before they get to the stage of a complaint.
  • Parents/carers are given my Safeguarding Policy and Procedure; containing information about what to do and who to contact should they wish to make a complaint.
  • I display my Ofsted Parent poster clearly at the entrance to my setting. This clearly explains how to contact Ofsted should they wish to make a complaint.

How can parents, children and young people get more information about the setting?

  • Contacting me directly via phone or email (see Torbay Family Information Service for contact details)
  • View my advert on the Torbay Family Information Service (FIS) website.
  • Visits to my setting are always welcome from prospective parents.
  • Look up my Inspection Report on the Ofsted website.