Skip to main content

Natalie Joyce Sharpe (Paignton)

Childminder has two children aged 5 and 7 years and 11 years experience working in childcare.  Offers lots of fun days in and many fun filled days out. Activities include visits to the library, music rhythm and rhyme, local surestart and toddler groups.  Visits to the zoo, Living Coasts, local park and the allotment.  Meet up with other local childminders and the children have an enjoyable time where the parents can be sure they are in safe hands. Offers Babysitting. 

Qualifications include level 3 in playwork, NVQ 3 in children's care, learning and development and paediatric first aid.

Who to contact

01803 556309
07775 537577

Where to go


Other Details


Table of costs
Table of costs
AmountCost Type
£3.50 per hour
£15.00 per session
£30.00 per day
Sundays are charged at £4.00 per hour


Age Ranges
From 0 years 0 months to 12 years 0 months

Inclusion Information

Wheelchair Access

Has Provision

Special Needs

Has Provision

Childcare Information


Immediate vacancies
Contact provider for details

Funded Places

2 year old funding

Opening Times & Facilities

Opening Times
Opening Times
DayOpening TimeClosing Time
Monday 08.00 18.00
Tuesday 08.00 18.00
Wednesday 08.00 18.00
Thursday 08.00 18.00
Friday 08.00 18.00

School Pickups

Offers pickups
Oldway Primary School
Drop off to (am) and pick up from (pm) Oldway Primary School

Ofsted Information

Ofsted URN
Link to latest ofsted inspection report 
Inspection history
Inspection History
Inspection DateInspection typeInspection Outcome
04/10/2011Inspection (Early Years Register)Good
05/11/2015Inspection (Early Years Register)Good
01/05/2019Inspection (Early Years Register)Good

Local Offer

Local Offer Age Bands
Primary (4-10 years)
Secondary (11-16 years)
Early Years (0-4 years)

SEN Information

A printable version of this form is available in the downloads section.

What special education provision is available at our setting?

  • I attended regular training to keep me up to date on Makaton, Communication, Language and Literacy and I implement this in my setting my putting what I learn into place with the children in my care.
  • At present I’m working together with both the parents and the speech and language therapists to help a child who is suffering from a stutter. We are working closely and sharing the progress of the child.

What criteria must be satisfied before children and young people can access this provision/service?

  • I am an Inclusive Provider and will consider placements for any child aged between 0- 12yrs whose parent(s)/carer(s) wish them to access my provision.
  • I follow the guidance as laid out in the Equalities Act 2010.
  • All children are welcome to my setting regardless of any special education needs.
  • I will discuss with the parent(s)/carer(s) the needs of their child and how I will meet their needs working in partnership with any other parties/agencies.
  • Having established the child’s needs, I will access training and/or resources to make every reasonable effort to enable the child to access our provision.

How do we identify the particular special educational needs of a child or young person?

  • I will follow the guidance set out in the SEND Code of Practice 2001 (to be revised in 2014).
  • I will gather information before the child starts; this can be from parents, other settings or professionals
  • Once a child is within my care they will be continually assessed / observed and their progress will be recorded. Through this and dialogue with parent(s)/carer(s), any concerns are identified from which I will with consent, initiate appropriate interventions and/or approach other specialists and agencies for support to establish how best you can support the child.

How do we consult with parents and/or children and young people about their needs?

  • I Invite families to look around my home setting.
  • I ensure I settle the child and family in to my setting.
  • I will discuss the child’s needs and how they can be best supported. If the child is already being supported by other professionals, I will arrange a meeting with them to ensure good continuity of care.
  • I share information with the parents by daily diary’s, verbal exchange, learning diary’s.
  • I gather feedback from parents so that you know that you are meeting their needs. this is done verbally and by parent questionnaires about myself and my setting
  • Where the child is able to, child questionnaires are also sent out.

What is our approach to teaching children and young people with special educational needs?

  • I have an Equal Opportunities/Inclusion Policy and Procedure in place.
  • I ensure that all children are treated equally and my approach is very similar to that for all of your children, where you recognise and value the role of all those involved, parent(s)/carer(s). However, where special educational needs have been identified I ensure that I provide appropriate resources to meet these needs.
  • While working with other professionals I follow their advice in creating an Individual Learning & Development Plan (ILDP) for children with any additional needs; this would identify specific activities and learning / development objectives. The ILDP is developed with input from everyone involved with child,
    • Parent(s)/Carer(s)
    • The SENCo and Key Worker
    • Specialist / Support Agencies
    • Early Years Advisors

How can we adapt our curriculum for children and young people with special educational needs?

  • I adapt activities in my Home and outdoors setting  to allow for any child to participate.
  • I follow the child’s ILDP which would differentiate and adapt the EYFS curriculum for a child with special educational needs.

How will we ensure we get the services, provision and equipment that children and young people need?

  • I can call on the support of Torbay’s Early Years Advisory Teacher and other professionals throughout Torbay for expert guidance and specialist equipment.
  • There may be times when I may not always have the resources and facilities to meet the specific needs of an individual child. If this occurs, although I will make every reasonable effort to do so, there may be occasions when it is not possible for me to meet the child’s needs.

How is this provision funded?

  • As an Ofsted Registered Childminder I am self employed, I run my own childcare business.
  • I can register to accept National Education Grant (NEG) Funding for 2-5yr olds which is paid via the Local Authority; which entitles parents to 15 funded hours of childcare a week.

What additional learning support is available for children and young people with special educational needs and how do they access it?

  • if additional learning support is required I would look for support from other professionals such as;
    • Speech & Language Specialists
    • Health Visitors & Social Workers
    • Action for Children
    • Support Groups for families
    • Early Years Advisory Support
    • Portage

I would encourage and support parent(s)/carer(s) to engage with these services.

How do we support and improve the emotional and social development of children and young people with special educational needs?

  • As an inclusive practitioner  I believe that:
    • Every child needs to feel that they belong, that they matter, and that they are valued for their unique qualities.
    • Working in partnership with parents is an important and that parental contributions are welcomed and valued. .
  • I have a positive approach to Behaviour Management.

How do we support children and young people with special educational needs moving between phases of education and preparing for adulthood?

  • My transition procedure includes the following settings.
    • Starting at Pre-school
    • Moving Settings
    • Starting Primary School
  • I work in partnership with other’s to promote a smooth transition for example;
    • Providing details on ILDPs and links to other stakeholders and agencies
    • Facilitating visits to the new school / setting supported by familiar staff
    • Liaising with the SENCos from the school / setting to promote a consistent approach
    • offering future teachers to visit the child in my setting..
  • I would complete a transition document.

What other support is available for children and young people with special educational needs and how can they access it?

  • I will signpost, encourage and support parent(s)/carer(s) to engage with other support,
    • Providing leaflets
    • Promoting Events and Services
    • Recommending the Torbay Directory for ideas on available support and services.

What extra-curricular activities are available for children and young people with special educational needs?

  • I am able to offer additional hours or overnight care.

The places that I visit with children and other activities that I can offer children. (Play Torbay offer funded play with staff  support for children with additional needs.)

How do we assess and review progress towards agreed outcomes, and how are parents, children and young people involved in this process?

I assess and review progress in my setting by sharing developmental progress with parent’s such as daily/learning diaries. This is shared with parents verbally, or in a planned meeting if preferred.

How do we assess the effectiveness of our special needs provision and how are parents, children and young people involved in this assessment?

  • I reflect upon the quality of my practice, I do this by completing my Ofsted self evaluation document.
  • Parents are asked to complete questionnaires on my setting.
  • I work within a group of other childminders where we share good practice.

How do we ensure that teaching staff and other staff have the expertise needed to support children and young people with special educational needs?

  • I reflect upon the skills I have and highlight any training I feel needs updating to ensure that I stay well trained.
  • I have had personal training on how to use an epi-pen for a child with an allergy

How do we keep parents informed where children and young people have special educational provision but do not have an Education Health and Care Plan?

I keep parents informed about their child’s progress by daily diaries, verbal exchange, learning diaries, My Learning and Development document

How can parents, children and young people make a complaint about our provision?

  • I would always seek to resolve any issues before they get to stage of a complaint being raised and encourage parents to discuss any concerns with me that they may have.
  • I gather feedback from parents by sending out regular questionnaires.
  • I have a Complaints Policy and Procedure, and have an Ofsted Parent poster with Ofsted’s telephone number on display.

How can parents, children and young people get more information about the setting?

  • Contact directly via phone or email.
  • The Family Information Service (FIS) website
  • Welcoming visits from prospective parents.
  • OFSTED Website – Inspection Report Reports