Driving Mobility is the National Voice for assisted driving and independence.
Driving Mobility is a registered charity, that accredits a network of 20 driving assessment centres covering the whole of the UK. Many with outreach facilities, these centres include independent charities and NHS centres which offer professional information and assessment so disabled and elderly people can gain or retain independence.
Driving Mobility ensures that there are common standards, promotes good practice and offers training and education to all regional centres, whilst working closely with associated national organisations. These include the Department for Transport, Driver and Vehicle Licensing Agency, Driver and Vehicle Agency (NI), Motability, NHS Trusts and the Police, along with many more valued stakeholders.
Driving Mobility offer assessment and advice:
- on adaptations to overcome physical problems with vehicle control
- with regard to your ability to drive safely
- on wheelchair and scooter loading and transportation
- regarding passenger / driver access to vehicles
The following assessment and advice are available at some Centres:
- wheelchair/scooter selection
- motorcycles or heavy goods vehicles
- vocational assessments for taxi drivers and PSV licence holders
- postural support seating solutions for air travel
- paediatric assessment including powered wheelchairs and car seats