Skip to main content

Independent Health Complaints Advocacy (IHCA) - the advocacy people

If you are unhappy with the service you, or someone else, has received from the NHS, you have the right to raise your concerns about it.

If you decide to make a complaint, you should do so within 12 months of the incident you are complaining about. Or within 12 months of you realising how what happened has affected you.

In certain circumstances the NHS will sometimes look at complaints that are outside of these timescales but they do not have to do so.

If you would like to make the complaint yourself, or have started the process already, we have some Factsheets to help you. You can find these on the right.

If you would like the support of an advocate, have a look at our Factsheet by clicking here, which tells you what an advocate can do.

Who to contact

0330 440 9000

Text 80800, starting message with PEOPLE