Skip to main content

Education Health and Care Plans (EHCPs)

These pages contain information about services for children and young people with a Special Education Need (SEN) or Disability. To view different services offered please use the categories listed on the right hand side of this page, there you will find information on what is offered and services provided.

It is essential that Education,Health and Care (EHC) needs assessments and plans are person centred.

If you would like further information about Special Educational Needs, including how to make a request for statutory assessment, please see Requesting a Statutory Assessment for an EHCP (SEND Information for parents and young people), contact the SEN Team on 01803 208274 or visit

For further information about the services the SEN team provides please refer to the SEN Service record within this Local Offer or visit For information specifically aimed at Parents and Carers please visit For information about home to school transport please visit Home to school transport - Torbay Council.

SEND Reform Updates

We are trying to make sure that young people, parents and professionals can find out about the how the SEND reforms are leading to changes in Torbay. Please go to where you will find the latest newsletters.

If you would like further information about any work that is going on, please contact us on

SEN Capital Funding

Local authorities must ensure there are sufficient good school places for all pupils, including those with Special Educational Needs (SEN) and disabilities. Please visit our SEN Capital Funding webpage for more information and to view Torbay's Special Provision Plan.