Sustainability and Transformation Plans (STPs) are five-year strategic plans covering all aspects of NHS spending in England. The scope of STPs is broad and covers:
- improving quality and developing new models of care
- improving health and wellbeing
- improving efficiency of services
Torbay is a part of the Wider Devon STP. The Wider Devon STP, includes three local authorities (Torbay; Devon; Plymouth) and two clinical commissioning group areas (South Devon & Torbay; Northern, Eastern and Western Devon).
The STP takes a place-based approach which links health, education, housing and employment to economic and social wellbeing for our communities through joint working of statutory partners and the voluntary and charitable sectors.
The 7 Wider Devon STP Priorities are:
- Prevention & early intervention
- Integrated care model
- Primary care
- Mental health
- Acute Hospital and specialised services
- Children, young people and families